Wednesday 20 August 2014

34/52



  A portrait of my children every week for a year.














Esther: Well, yes, I suppose we can have one sticking-out-tongue photo, given that we *are* in the phase.
We're also stuck in a pretty long term phase at bed times at the moment.  Every night for ages Esther has requested the same three songs, which is rather lovely (though they do get so stuck in my head). We do Baa Baa Black Sheep, Rockabye Baby, and her most long-term favourite, Morningtown Ride (which she calls Train Whistle Blowing). One day this will change, but it's solid as concrete right now.

Reuben: Our little guy has started school. I was determined not to get too soppy about it all, he has had 5 years at home (+ kindy) and is ready for school. And a big part of me can't wait to see what my children become as they grow older. I had a little wobble in the days leading up to school, especially around what things he will have to do and manage without me as he grows. But at the end of his first day, his teacher was so excited about his potential ("Oh. My. Goodness. *A*mazing.") that I didn't know whether to cry or skip with excitement. I'll probably be doing a lot of both in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment