Sunday 5 January 2014

19/52


A portrait of my children every week for a year.









Esther: There is so much to report as she is growing so quickly! She says "ungusting" for disgusting, and when she says OK she sings it delightfully. She has started saying, "I am," when I ask her to do something, and, "I'm not," when I ask her not to. She can sing "A B C D E F G" - I can only assume she heard her brother doing it. They have had a long running game where she is Baby Jesus, Reuben is Joseph and I am Mary. Whenever I call her any of her many names, Esther, FiFi, Baby doll, Button, Pet, Snugglepot... it's an endless list... she likes to correct me. Last night I tucked her in to bed and said "you're my favourite girl in the whole world," and she shouted, "I'M BABY JESUS!"

Reuben: I have loved watching how brave Reuben has been this week. He's always been a cautious little guy. At our visit to the farm a few days ago he approached a herd of cows on his own without a flicker of fear, and clambered up a gigantic tractor with delight. He went down a tunnel slide (which he never used to be keen on) at the playground. I watch him racing round the garage on his bike, slamming on the brakes and narrowly missing, well, everything, most of the time, and I remember his first slow and careful days of riding.The only way really is up for a little guy isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Just lovely. And I'm glad it's not just me who has a daughter who thinks she's Jesus part of the time... Although more usually she's Mary to her brother's Joseph and a random toy is assigned the role of Messiah. I bite my tongue. Mostly ;)

    ReplyDelete