Friday 22 November 2013

Glucose chocolate


I couldn't possibly tell you how I got there, but you know what it's like. A while ago I was reading something on the internet and then I clicked on a link and then I followed something else and somewhere along the way I ended up at Wild Patch Chocolates. And hoorah! What a great place to land. Wild Patch Chocolates was set up by chocolatier Linda Komesaroff who found herself on the possibly awkward journey of becoming sugar-free. But rather than having to find a new vocation, she started making glucose-sweetened chocolate. What a brilliant idea. And lucky for us!





 

So as a result, I received a cardboard package full of chocolate (well, it wasn't that much) in my letterbox the other day. It was a Wild Patch sample pack - a milk chocolate animal, a dark chocolate cashew nut cluster, and a plain dark block made by Filita (a European chocolate that Wild Patch distributes).


And yes, it was really good! Fantastic. Definitely the best sugar free chocolate I have tasted. I'm such a fan of glucose, and delighted that it wins in the chocolate sweetening competition. Yet another 10 points to glucose. And, may I say, another win for me as I attempt to convince you that you can live without sugar.



Relative to other sugar-free chocolates, Wild Patch chocs are reasonably priced, but the delivery costs from Australia make it a pretty frivolous option. But if you are in NZ and interested in trying some (and keeping a little stocked in your pantry), let me know and we could make it work together.

And if you want a sample square, you'd better visit me very soon.



4 comments:

  1. Perhaps there's your next challenge - I think Wellington definitely needs a Wild Patch Chocolates equivalent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, yes I have sometimes thought my life is like a movie and all I need to do next is open a chocolate shop.

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I'm sitting here eating the mint 'Well,Naturally' (yeah, no space in that name. Stupid!) chocolate.

    Definite Stevia aftertaste, but still nice chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I love it when people give less sugar a go. Yes, the aftertaste is not ideal but the rest somehow is. Given your current location and company, I recommend washing it down with a big glass of milk!

      Delete